Leading the Digital Conversion to Improve Student Learning
The Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) today announced the 24 K-12 school districts selected to join its Teaming for Transformation: Leading Digital Conversion for Student Learning. Beginning now through CoSN’s 18th Annual Conference in March 2013, this network of districts will collaborate to improve student-centered learning in classrooms nationwide. Teaming for Transformation is made possible with support from Follett Library Resources, Pearson and Discovery Education.
“Education has reached a point in time when now, more than ever, school systems need to leverage experiences and expertise from other leading school districts to advance student-centered learning in a digitally-rich environment,” said Keith Kruger, CEO of CoSN. “The ‘Teaming for Transformation’ participants, all of which represent a diverse pool of districts, reflect their leadership and commitment to a culture of instruction for today’s learners and access to rich digital resources where a student has continuous access to electronic resources.”
The 24 districts selected to participate in the network are:
- Barrington Community Unit School District 220 (Barrington, IL)
- Bennington-Rutland Supervisory Union (Sunderland, VT)
- Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District (University Heights, OH)
- Community Consolidated School District 93 (DuPage, IL)
- Community Unity School District #4 (Mendon, IL)
- East Noble School Corporation (Kendallville, IN)
- Escambia County School District (Pensacola, FL)
- Geneva Community Unit School District 304 (Geneva, IL)
- Gwinnett County Public Schools (Suwanee, GA)
- Irving Independent School District (Irving, TX)
- Katy ISD (Katy, TX)
- Lake Zurich Community Unit School District 95 (Lake Zurich, IL)
- Lewisville Independent School District (Lewisville, TX)
- Liberty Public Schools (Liberty, MO)
- MSD Southwest Allen County (Fort Wayne, IN)
- Merced River School District (Winton, CA)
- Mountain Brook Schools (Mountain Brook, AL)
- Passaic City (Passaic, NJ)
- Plainfield Community School Corporation (Plainfield, IN)
- Richland School District Two (Columbia, SC)
- Salem City Schools (Salem, VA)
- School District of Menomonee Falls (Menomonee Falls, WI)
- Talladega County Schools (Talladega, AL)
- West Feliciana (St. Francisville, LA)
Teaming for Transformation participants will work together through epic-ed, an online community focused on digital conversion; a site visit to Mooresville Graded School District (Mooresville, NC) to learn about the district’s proven vision and expectations for student-centered learning; and face-to-face meetings at CoSN 2013; among other educational development activities. These unique opportunities will build and advance excellence in instruction with digital resources and tools as well as help to create and support a digital learning environment that reaches all students and teachers.
This initiative is informed by CoSN’s Empowering the 21st Century Superintendent initiative and produced in partnership with the American Association of School Administrators, Mooresville Graded School District, epic-ed and the Friday Institute at North Carolina State University.
To learn more about the network, please visit www.cosn.org/TeamingforTransformation.
About the Consortium for School Networking (CoSN)
CoSN is the premier professional association for school system technology leaders. The mission of CoSN is to empower educational leaders to leverage technology to realize engaging learning environments. Visit www.cosn.org or phone 866.267.8747 to find out more about CoSN’s Leadership Initiatives, annual conference and events, policy and advocacy, membership, and resources.